Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so first off, I see 3 different options to choose from. My goal is to be as low as possible with mainly street action so which would be my best option? What's the difference in the 3?

-12" Springs with 250lb rate.
-14" Springs with 150lb rate.
-14" Springs with 175lb rate.

Now what else would be needed for this coil-over kit to work? I see a lot of kits come with struts inside the spring. Do I need that or will this work with my factory struts? Thanks

1979-04 Mustang Front Coil Over Kit with 14" Springs, 150Lb Rate at LRS - Free Shipping!

·
#lowcarproblems
433 Posts
Coilover means the coil (spring) is over the strut.

I dont think UPR's coilover kit will fit with factory shocks/struts. You will have to find a pair that is compatible with the kit you want.
You may have to contact UPR for a list of shocks/struts that it's compatible with.

However, MMR makes a coilover kit that fits almost all shocks/struts apart from Bilstein.
Modular Mustang Racing

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started looking at pictures and threads about those coilovers and it seems that nobody really likes the quality and i looked at the drop and it's not much different than my sportlines. seems its not worth the money or effort. i'll hold out.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm making it a mission to take out my iso's this weekend. I'm kinda scared, my X-Pipe damn near drags on ciggerate buts already

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
If its worth doing, its worth over doing.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
It's all different depending on brands, I've got our company's (Ridetech) coilovers on my Mach 1. I'm running a 5" stroke shock with 225 lb. springs in the rear. My struts are off for adjustments at the moment, but it all depends on what kind of driver you are. My car is just a street car, but I do want a little bit of track quality also.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts