Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to throw the MM front and rear coilover kits on my 88GT, what springs should I go with? Mostly street driven but would lean a little toward drag racing over cornering....and would like the same stance as my Eibach Pro Kit:

I want to get it done before paint next month, sorry about the Iphone pic

Cheers!

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
please remove those chrome wheel well covers

I'd give mm's tech line a call they are really good.. explain what your looking for and how you want it to perform and they'll tell you what rate to go with. I have 14" springs 175 rate since it's a my daily driver but you'll want something a little softer for the track.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
250 on the front is way too much if you want emphasis on drag racing. When I got my front coil overs The guy recommended 175s on the front for a street car... that's all I bought so far so I can't tell you what he said for the back. I ended up going with 150s because I told him I didn't care if it rode like a caddy, I wanted the best possible launch and that's what he said to get if that was the case. 175's were what he said were a good street compromise for a car you want to launch well but still be tolerable on the street.

Edit: Although this was also for my car that has all tubular front and has been lightened quite a bit and no supercharger, so you may want to take that at face value now that I think about it. Probably better off calling them and asking them directly. It's different for every car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yeah the flares are going!!!! I hate them so much, but whatever, paint is comimg soon (not soon enough, but you can still see the snow pile above my fence, the back alley is just two rivers about 6" deep!!)

I'll have to give them a shout, just to be sure.

Was there a noticable difference with the change to coilovers?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Soft is what you want for drag racing. At least in the front. You want the most weight transfer you can get without squatting the rear of the car. A car set up for autocross or roadracing will be an entirely different suspension with completely different spring rates.

·
Registered
496 Posts
please remove those chrome wheel well covers

I'd give mm's tech line a call they are really good.. explain what your looking for and how you want it to perform and they'll tell you what rate to go with. I have 14" springs 175 rate since it's a my daily driver but you'll want something a little softer for the track.
+1 i run the same in the front and it seems fine at the strip and in corners

1 - 9 of 9 Posts