Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I got some mmr front coilvers and slapped them in. I forget the spring rate but it was the street/strip springs, and from my understanding the car is supposed to transfer weight a little better but it's way stiff in the front. I have OEM spec struts now but I'm getting a pair of kyb agxs for the front, I know these struts are adjustable so if I adjust them at the track will this help loosen my front suspension that drastically where it would transfer weight?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Well get them and try, if its still too stiff for you, try different springs. What do you have for rear suspension?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ok, What you are working against here is not your springs in the front. Its the shocks. And in the rear, you are fighting your spring rate. Compression in rear, extension in front. You want the front shocks as soft as possible so the front can come up as quickly as possible. Then the rear springs should be soft so they let the back end down quickly. You still want some decently soft shocks in the rear I believe tho.

Do you have your sway bar on up front? Removing it could help alot.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah still Have the sway bar the car is my dd so my main concern is driveability. I'm excited to see how much the struts will help since they are adjustable I can soften them up for drag and then tighten them up for the street

1 - 7 of 7 Posts