Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got out of a shop on lunch and i had my coilpack checked. 1 and 6 are showing weak to barely any power readings. just wondering on what you guys would advise to replacing it with??? dealership was wanting to put stock on that they had there.

Thanks
Krim

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Yes stock, no need for"Performance" one

03cristian

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Definitely go stock, but don't have a shop put it in and don't buy it from a dealership. Unless you love getting anally raped for parts you could have gotten cheaper and installed yourself. Performance coilpacks are **** on these cars. Most die out fast or barely work in the fire place. And installing a new stock coilpack is only a matter of unplugged the wires and removing a few screws if I remember correctly.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Yep oem motorcraft is the only coil pack that's any good. Aftermarket ones have been shown to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i bought accel's for my car. mainly b/c they were $250 for 8 vs $600+ for OEM's. They work fine for me. no problems
We were talking about the coil pack for the sixxer.

For your cops it's also been shows oem is best and you can go grab 16 or so from a couple junkyard fords for pretty cheap and find 8 that work.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
ehh i wouldn't be buying used cops. its only a matter of time before they fail. theyve been exposed to high heat and such for so many miles theyre eventually going to fail. better to just buy brand new. my misfire was caused by a broken cop. the rubber at the end split which exposed the spring and caused an arc

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
ehh i wouldn't be buying used cops. its only a matter of time before they fail. theyve been exposed to high heat and such for so many miles theyre eventually going to fail. better to just buy brand new. my misfire was caused by a broken cop. the rubber at the end split which exposed the spring and caused an arc
COPs were just a terrible design altogether. I've never had any luck with those damn things (failed like crazy on my gf's Lincoln) and they're insanely expensive to replace compared to the coilpacks that V6s use.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as new vs used goes....if its for my car i always go new unless its like barely used. like if i could of found a set of lowering springs on cl near by with 25k miles or less i would of got those. its the fact some things are built to last while others start to fail as soon as you install them.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Stock coils have more power than aftermarket ones. Stock ones have more coil windings.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have had both the screaming demon coil pack andthe accel coil pack on my sixxer. i took both to the track as well as my stock. my result were pretty shocking.

the accel coil was the best over all, next came the oem, which really shocked me verses the screamin demon. the screaming demon had givin me the worst time. i started with the oem, went to the demon, the back to stock then to the accel. and over all the accel so far has lasted much much long than the demon did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts