Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a CAI and i dont know which one to get. suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

hooah!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got a BBK CAI with about 500 miles on it that I'm trying to sell. My car is now supercharged and no longer utilizes a CAI. If you look on americanmuscle.com they do dyno results with the CAI and a tuner. The JLT yields the best results (by about 2 HP over the BBK) but is about 150 dollars more. I've also got a tuner that I'd be willing to sell with the CAI.
For a fellow military brother (Navy myself) I'd be willing to both for 300 for you. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got the JLT/Tuner combo from american muscle, adds some very nice throttle response

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
I have the K&N on my sixxer and it made a nice and noticeable gain in power and response

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a JLT I haven't installed. Bought it to help out a friend but I really want a Airaid/Roush and would do a even up trade if someone wanted to.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Armyguy, we need a bit more information..

What are your future plans with the car? If you plan on adding more stuff to it (and who wouldn't) I'd recommend getting a CAI that requires a tune to use. You'll get the most out of it performance-wise.

If you want to keep it lightly modded, there's CAI's that don't require a tune but it won't really be worth it.

Whichever direction you plan to go, stay away from K&N.

There's a few reps from AmericanMuscle.com on here that can help you out alot and give you a discount code. AM is pretty much the site everyone uses around here..they have a free tunes for life program (if you want to add parts later, you'll need a new tune to run it properly) and really good customer service. They're not the only online store out there by any means, just the one with the best customer service feedback.
LethalPerformance has good deals as well...John Lund does the tuning for them.

Good luck and anything else you need help with, just ask :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
+1 on lethaldosage

You 99% likely want to get one that requires a tune, and the tune to go along with it.

A CAI by itself does little more than make a cool sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts