Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of you read my last thread, but i sold the bbk cold air intake that i just bought to a fellow MM member. I ended up going with some thing else.

The bbk intake asnt bad, it seemed to be made vary well, but regardless, i came up on this deal and couldnt pass it up.

Before

I made this hole about a 1/4" bigger so that cai pipe would fit with the vacuum line i split and used as a gromet.

Still need to fab up a plate to cover this, and remount my car alarm horn

This anderson power pipe is there base model, and keeps the mass air sensor in the engine bay. The cai has a 3 1/2" diameter.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice purchase Ryan! You need to clean that filter though. Also when you clean the rubber elbow just use warm soapy water.
Thanks.

Ya, normally i take care of the little details like that. The main thing i wanted was just to test fit it. But the filter is cleaner then it looks in the picture, but some time this week its coming off for a deep cleaning a long with the elbow. I felt a little rush cuz i could hear my kid inside the house giving my wife a hard time, so i knew that i had to get in there and help her out...lol

Nice pics, and your engine bay is clean as hell to boot.
Thanks bro. I dont think its as clean as shaved panels with a wire tuck, but as long as i have to keep every thing in the engine bay ( california emission nazis), i may as well keep it as clean as i can. Thanks for the complement.:)

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice find. where did you get it? Craigslist?
Ebay... i didnt get a great, great deal, but it was still a savings. I won the bid by 1 cent...lol

When ever i use ebay, i bid the max im willing to pay for an item + .01 cent five seconds before the bidding ends. I almost never bid on any thing until that point, if you do, youll just drive the price up on your self.

Much Cleaner

FWIW: I still have all the original smog equiptment... just not in the engine bay.
I wish i could do the same.... your lucky:)

Am I the only one who can see the face? The fender is screaming at me...

Ha, ha, i see that now. Ive since removed those rubber pieces ( the eyes) so ill have to see what it looks like when i get home, now that you have pointed that out

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I havent started it up since i put it on last night. Ill start it up today, but i doubt ill drive it.

To tell you the truth, and this is just a guess, i doubt theres any big power to be made on a low horse power engine with this pipe. I mainly did it for looks, but since my motor is a little built, i might see a little more power from it over a stock mustang.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive read many threads over on corral where guys state that aftermarket cai are a waste of money, a lot seem to state that throughing a k&n panel filter in the stock air box is really all you need, which is the set up i just took off. ( the stock set up is already a cold air intake) some said they gained 15 hp and others said the gained nothing on there 1/8-1/4 mile times. So, what ever, i really didnt care, like i said, i did it mainly for looks, if i gain 8-10 hp thats just a bonus...lol

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Ryan, can't see the pics here at the day job, but I will check them out tonight. My friend James(Qurtermilercket on Corral) and I put a 70mm tb and an anderson pp with an 80mm maf on his car, and I believe he picked up a .1 or more in the 1/4. You can pm him on there and ask, or when I see him again, I'll ask him. His car is basically a completely stock intake to pan engine with every bolt on imaginable except a power adder.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Believe me it's not that hard to do.

If you're interested Google

As far as cleaning the rubber elbow use Lacquer Thinner it will cut through all the dirt and grime in no time and it won't hurt the rubber.
Good advice, thanks

Ryan, can't see the pics here at the day job, but I will check them out tonight. My friend James(Qurtermilercket on Corral) and I put a 70mm tb and an anderson pp with an 80mm maf on his car, and I believe he picked up a .1 or more in the 1/4. You can pm him on there and ask, or when I see him again, I'll ask him. His car is basically a completely stock intake to pan engine with every bolt on imaginable except a power adder.
Cool, id like to think id gain some power from this modd. I just hear conflicting reports, so i dont know whats true. Ya, any added info you can give on the subject, would be great.

I have an account over at corral. I can log in, but i cant seem to post on a thread or start a thread, and i cant pm any one. Ive sent corral messages 6-7 times to see if they can fix the problems, but they never return any messages, so i gave up. I still read a lot over there but ive learned that i cant join in.

Any ways check out my pics when you get home, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks good Ryan. I got the cai, Saturday, but I caught bronchitis from the kids at college. Hopefully, I feel a little better this weekend and put it on and get some pics for you.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good Ryan. I got the cai, Saturday, but I caught bronchitis from the kids at college. Hopefully, I feel a little better this weekend and put it on and get some pics for you.
Im glad you got it. Sorry about you getting sick.

Not sure yet, but i think i might need a favor from you. Is it possible for you to make me a card board templet of that sheet metal piece that the air filter pipe goes through with the bolt hole location. I dont need that big ass hole marked though.

I think that would save me some time. Then i can trace it onto some sheet metal, cut it out, drill the 4 holes, paint it, and through it on.

Ill pay the shipping on it, no problem. If not thats cool

·
Registered
346 Posts
So you want to make a piece that covers where the original air filter went by using the top two bolts? I can probably measure the size of it and where the two bolts go and make a drawing of it on the computer and pm it to you. Might easier and cheaper that way.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So you want to make a piece that covers where the original air filter went by using the top two bolts? I can probably measure the size of it and where the two bolts go and make a drawing of it on the computer and pm it to you. Might easier and cheaper that way.
What evers easiest. Cost isnt really a factor, its only $5. If you do end up making a templet, try and use the card board that comes on like a 30 pack of coors light, its much easier to work with over the corrugated cardboard.

Oh an theres two more more mounting holes at the bottom. My goal is to make a replica of what you have.... minus the big hole. So im trying to get those two tabs at the top of the panel that are bent, to be just right. It might be a little hard to get all those details in a drawing, but we can give it a try.

Thanks bro

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ah ok, I haven't even opened the box to be honest with you as far as what the plate looks like. I will take a look at it then.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cleaned the hell out of the 90 degree boot and the k&n filter, once the filter drys ill oil it, and through it back in

These pics are for you.... 1loudgt

Lol

1 - 20 of 47 Posts