Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what this sensor is called? I'm looking at replacing my SR performance intake (stupid weld cracked and it's past the 90 day warranty so AM told me I am SOL) and I am looking at an AIRRAID intake but didn't see a hole for this sensor to plug into. I'm also lowered and living in Florida it sucks trying to serve around pot holes so the in fender intake doesn't suck up the water.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
What is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor for $200, Alex?

It may not be present on some models as it was integrated into the MAF sensor.

EDIT: Also it should be awfully easy to weld up a crack on the old one. Piece of cake. Was that the cause of your issue in the other thread?

And if you're looking to throw money away, I think I've still got an old 2V C&L CAI kicking around somewhere.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Yep in 02 it was integrated into the maf.

I wouldnt even bother with a cai, if you still have the stocker I would throw that back on but then you would need the stock airbox too. I have a knock off sr performance cai and a stock intake tube off my old 00 gt. Im willing to part with either one if you want it.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

07GT I was thinking of going back to my stock intake but I couldn't find it. The strut tower brace rubs right up on the tube. I'd rather have the brace on my vert and the stock intake. What would you charge me for it?

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor for $200, Alex?

It may not be present on some models as it was integrated into the MAF sensor.

EDIT: Also it should be awfully easy to weld up a crack on the old one. Piece of cake. Was that the cause of your issue in the other thread?

And if you're looking to throw money away, I think I've still got an old 2V C&L CAI kicking around somewhere.
I put rtv on it for now. The weld cracked where the idle air control tube connects to the intake. It happened when I pulled the tube out to make room to drill for the brace. I'll post a pic of the stupid crack when I get on my PC. I'm starting to learn my lesson on going cheap on crap.

I didn't even pull that hard so I'm guessing the welds were crap. It caused my car to stall when going at high speed then braking hard with the clutch in. I'm guessing the unmetered air getting in is doing it. Makes a weird noise too. Haven't tested it since rtv so who knows if this temp fix will hold for now.

I don't have a welder and honestly I wanted to go stock intake just for versatility and clearance of the brace. Stock or something where the filter sits in the engine bay. Drove thru a puddle once and almost killed my car.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Thanks guys.

07GT I was thinking of going back to my stock intake but I couldn't find it. The strut tower brace rubs right up on the tube. I'd rather have the brace on my vert and the stock intake. What would you charge me for it?
Do you have the airbox itself still? You can have it for shipping, I dont need it.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

Do you have the airbox itself still? You can have it for shipping, I dont need it.
Honestly the whole thing I threw away years ago like an idiot. I need the tube with iat sensor bung and the airbox. I need the whole set up. Let me know shipping to 33626

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ended up picking up a open box return from Amazon warehouse deals on an air raid kit with dryflow filter for 110 bucks shipped under prime. Apparently it was opened but then returned. Covered by Amazon warranty so I'm happy. Beats 280 bucks AM wants.

I've been getting lucky on Amazon lately on parts.

Stupid SR performance intake. I still think they should have done something for a cracked weld but live and learn. Only thing I've been happy with is their isolators and strut tower brace. Upper and lower control arms and intake that's SR performance branded has been crap. Their SR performance alternator crapped out quick as well but they took that as a return after the 90 day warranty because it had may be 50 miles on it. That was a phone call after I was denied in the chat help section.

Only other house brand part I run is SVE caster camber plates which have been great.

I also have a OPR hoodlatch from AM as well. I'm guess that's a knock off brand AM is carrying for restoration parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts