Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oh man, tons of answers here. Not the K&N.

The best power is JLT I believe, but I also think its most expensive. I have a MAC, its good. Its not too expensive. I believe BBK, MAC and a couple others are about the same.

The E-Bay ones are crap.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
whats wrong with the k&n? and yeah i have heard jlt is best power

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
The Fenderwell kit.

Some will tell you different but i rather be grabbing cold air from in the fender then hot air from the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
guy i know says short ram is better low end, cold-air is better high end.... could be vice versa

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I saw one on ebay from MPS over the weekend for $99. Hella good deal on a jlt right there. You might want to check with them and see if they still have it or if they have anymore.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The K&N ones are ok, they are just over priced and not as good a gain as other options.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
k&n filter with a MAF adapter plate. total set up will cost around $60 and its basically the same as the JLT short Ram air
the actual tube makes a big difference, too

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
a lot of people will say JLT. i dont know, i have c&l and im happy. the pipe for it NEVER gets hot, NO MATTER WHAT. i would recommend c&l, just MO.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
When deciding between intakes your really not going to see much differance between them. I mean woo 1-2 hp... I bought a ram air intake off ebay and it worked great for me. Im S/C now but it was the best $20 i ever spent.

Btw, for CAI and Ram airs you really dont need a brand name part... if you really think about it your buying a bent peice of pipe.

Now everything else i buy is BBK or some other brand name.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
^^ Not true. There is flow testing that goes into these things. There is a reason they charge as much as they do. If they could put their name on a $20 piece of **** and sell it they would. But they are not willing to put their name on a piece of trash.

Also, ram airs are not the same as CAI. The ram air is just a non restricted version of the stock intake. its still pulling 200+ degree air from your engine bay. CAI actually take air from outside your engine bay, thus giving lower input temps and better flow.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Americanmuscle.com has a good write up on this here -
Understanding Mustang Cold Air Intakes (CAI) and Mustang Ram Air Intakes (RAI)

Yes I understand the difference, but CAI are also more restrictive due to the many bends and length of the piping. So you are accually wrong by saying they have better flow.

Also the "piece of ****" you referred to has never rusted or failed and worked perfectly. Also was custom tailored for the car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts