Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
UNOH Suspension Enthusiast
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i was on americanmuscle.com and i happened to scroll across this CAI.

1994-1998 V6 Mustang 3.8L Cold Air Intake Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

im not planning on keeping the 3.8 in it to very long anymore, so im not looking to spend to much money on it. what im woundering is how much this will help? theres a guy ive been running against and were dead even. hes got a CAI and gears. hes not sure if his gears are .355's or .373. but to eleminate that ive only got stock gears, im only racing him at a roling 55 mph lol. smart right? lol
will this CAI give me enough to pull ahead?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can't say for sure, but if the two vehicles are running precisely "dead even" and this guy isn't holding back just to screw with you, (It sounds weird, but I could tell some stories, with friends like mine there's no need for enemies) then I would imagine that it would. I think you should ask yourself, though, weather it's worth 70 bucks, especially if you won't have the car for long.

·
Registered
171 Posts
just get the cai for the new motor dont waist the money is it that important to pull ahead by just a bit then turn around and buy a new cai for the new engine.

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Don't waste your money on v6 stuff if your swapping it, also what are you swapping it too? Plus the cold air will give you better throttle response but i dont think you will pull him if hes running 3.73's and your running stock gears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts