Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REPEAT OF NUMEROUS THREADS

Went to Dallas Mustang this weekend to buy my wheels, they took me in back beat me profusely and threatend me within an inch of my life if I didn't purchase a tuner and a CAI. Seriously, DM was a great place to go shop for new or old parts. I visited with them for over an hour on posibilities about which CAI, and they suggested the JLT and Diablo Predator Tuner. I was originially going to buy the C&L Street intake because of its looks. Can someone give me an insight before I go out and pick one up?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
JLT is cheaper, looks better, and produce the same power as C&L

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think the C&L looks better, however, my car is black and like to unpainted look. If I had another color I would have gone with the JLT and painted it to match.

Bottom line is it's your car and your decision. Not much performance difference between C&L and JLT.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i assume both needs tunes?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Jlt Ftw!

·
Registered
818 Posts
JLT or death!!!!!
acehogg, I see you live in cincinnati as well, what part?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
A place called Finneytown, near Mt Healthy u?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cold Air Intake w/ Shaker

I have an 05 GT,

Bunch of upgrades already.

I also have installed a shaker setup. very nice. I dont have pics now since I have it in storage for another 6 weeks. I will come back with pics.

I want to install a cold air intake and finish with a tune.

I was told by someone I cant put a CAI. Is this true - and what would be my gains including a tune?

Thanks -

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i as well went with the jlt. i think it looks better and you can get it painted to match when you order it. as for the tuner goes. i would suggest you look around at your local tuners and see which one they are using. you will be better off getting the one they are used to tuning with. i think the jlt is about 50-100 dollars cheaper. mine was $550 to my door with the basic black that comes with it. painted to match it's a little more

·
Registered
535 Posts
Meanace07 and acehogg69,
I'm right accross the river in Villa Hills. I don't know about you guys, but I'm dying for the weather to clear up so I can drive a few laps around N. Ky.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome Goldcomet....Luckily I live in Central Florida,if the sun is out,and it's a nice day my hardest decision is....Stang or Harley...Well the stang is new...so you know what wins...lol...:yes
Meanace07 and acehogg69,
I'm right accross the river in Villa Hills. I don't know about you guys, but I'm dying for the weather to clear up so I can drive a few laps around N. Ky.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts