Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright so i finally decided to get a cold air intake and a tuner but which one to get i was thing about getting the JLT cold air intake and tuner bundle but i saw a steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake it said up to 20 hp and 30ft/lbs of torque!
any one tried this yet or does anyone know of a better cold air intake coming out soon

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Alright so i finally decided to get a cold air intake and a tuner but which one to get i was thing about getting the airaid cold air intake and tuner bundle but i saw a steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake it said up to 20 hp and 30ft/lbs of torque!
any one tried this yet or does anyone know of a better cold air intake coming out soon
Thats the biggest prob with your post. "What they said". Did they release any dyno graphs? I have the JLT carbon Fiber CAI and it was tested and had the biggest gains of all the CAI/Tuner combos. Go with Americanmuscle.com, b/c if you wait alittle bit, stick around here, get your posts up, they will give you a DECENT discount!

Side note, Just went to the steeda website, couldnt read any specs on the Proflow CAI for the 11 V6 but i did notice their 389.99 price tag. My CAI produced about 10 less RWHP/TQ then they are claiming and its 100 cheaper. Just FYI

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the biggest prob with your post. "What they said". Did they release any dyno graphs? I have the JLT carbon Fiber CAI and it was tested and had the biggest gains of all the CAI/Tuner combos. Go with Americanmuscle.com, b/c if you wait alittle bit, stick around here, get your posts up, they will give you a DECENT discount!
Yah hears the link i gota go to work ill be back on later
555-3159 | 2011 2012 Mustang Cold Air Intake | V6 Mustang Cold Air Intake

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Nobody has the steeda yet, to my knowledge. So there hasn't been any independent testing yet.... It looks like a solid built CAI, but for the price, I'm not sure I'd be confident in buying it.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
yea, i wouldnt spend an extra $80 bucks for a few extra HP.... I will be good with my C&L. According to the dyno's that I have seen, the JLT only beat the C&L by about 1-2 HP.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
All CAI will gain about the same....although steeda is known for superb quality! but i love the JLT...so thats my vote

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
the only reason that i didnt get the JLT was because the reviews on AM said that it didnt come with the 10mm bolt that you needed to secure it..... i didnt wanna mess with going to get my own hardware.....

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
the only reason that i didnt get the JLT was because the reviews on AM said that it didnt come with the 10mm bolt that you needed to secure it..... i didnt wanna mess with going to get my own hardware.....
Also the JLT's maf placement isn't very clean.

I prefer the stock box with a K&N, but if I had to choose I would go airraid for it's quality.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
/\ Yeah.

HONESTLY, if you want gains and DO NOT CARE about SOUND, then get the K&N drop in filter.

I'm all about making my car SOUND like a muscle car, so I opted for the Airaid CAI.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
/\ Yeah.

HONESTLY, if you want gains and DO NOT CARE about SOUND, then get the K&N drop in filter.

I'm all about making my car SOUND like a muscle car, so I opted for the Airaid CAI.
i cant wait to hear that slight whistling sound......

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Oh...it is so sweeet.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
@ Stew i got all the bolts in mine and its amazing

@ Alex the MAF fitted in as clean as the stock. Looks sick

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
now i wish that i had done a little more research before i purchased..... alex has me thinking that i should have just got a drop in filter with a tune, and that i will lose torque with i add a tune to my C&L.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
You bought a C&L CAI???

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I never read that you ordered a C&L. Lol.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether or not that CAI will whistle...And also, I don't want to put your CAI down or anything, but C&L was rated the worst CAI for our 6. What made you make your decision for the C&L?

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
cause it was the AM spring pick...... most reviews said that it was really great and they loved it

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
It was the first CAI made for our 6...so everyone jumped on it before there were any gains/results/tests made on it.

With that said, I'm sure its still a good product. So don't let what I say really phase you. Its just not the CAI I would have chosen...

On the flip side, the more bolt ons you do to your car, the better gains you will get from your CAI

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
do you see a reason to return it and get the JLT or airaid?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts