Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
That looks like condensation from the AC unit. I know its winter and few people run the AC during the winter but if the controls are set to defrost the AC cycles on and off drying the warm air. If you are sitting and idling you can hear the motor and watch the tach as it switches the motor switches back and forth from low idle to high idle adjusting for the increased load.

The humidity is so high around here right now that I get moisture on everything as soon as I open the garage door. I have water beaded on my motorcycle and its never been outside.

On cool, high humidity days condensation will also form on the inside of your exhaust. After you start the engine you can sometimes see it dripping out your tailpipe.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
The sizzling is the stupid design of the AC drain located above the exhaust. People will reroute this so it doesn't do that. The AC drain drips cold water on the scolding hot exhaust pipe on the mid pipe. I have long tubes and its really bad when the water from the AC drips there.

It's winter??? It was 88 out today!!!!

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i went out and took a look at it and I did indeed have the unit set to window defrost and never turned it off when i left work yesterday. Instead i dropped the top and tried to go back to the future while playing all the Michael Jackson oldies lol. I parked in the garage and heard the sizzle and looked under the car saw a puddle. You know what i thought....not another damn coolant leak.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
ok i went out and took a look at it and I did indeed have the unit set to window defrost and never turned it off when i left work yesterday. Instead i dropped the top and tried to go back to the future while playing all the Michael Jackson oldies lol. I parked in the garage and heard the sizzle and looked under the car saw a puddle. You know what i thought....not another damn coolant leak.
Lol hell yeah MJ. But yeah just A.C. condensation. No need to worry.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
LOL your good man its just condensation as mentioned seeing this is a good thing it means you AC is working and your staying cool..

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
I'm shocked my a.c. works as well as it does. What maintence can be done on an ac system? All I've ever done is recharge it a few times
The best thing you can do without access to a machine is make sure your condenser is washed out between the fins from top to bottom to make sure maximum air flow is getting through it this makes a significant impact on cooling temperatures.

I like to put mine on a machine every few years and pull a vacuum on it then a recharge with new oil.. I have access to a nice Snap on AC machine so I can do that at any time but every few years is a nice refresher..

Over time you will loose a little R-134 since its infamous for disappearing so the recharge after a good vacuum pull really refreshes it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts