Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just completely cleaned out the throttle body. Pulled it off and sprayed the crap out of it with brake cleaner because it's a lot stronger than throttle body cleaner. Cleaned the front and back of it. I also replaced the Throttle Position Sensor.

When I started it up this morning it jumped to about 1700 RPMs and then dropped down to about 1000 immediately. Also when I stop the car, it didn't bog down to about 300 RPM like it used to.

So to everybody who has this issue, this was my fix for it.

·
mac prochamber $$$$ smh
192 Posts
Thanks, imma have to try this. Every morning mine jumps to 2000-2300 for about 30 seconds then drops to normal idle.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Clean the MAF while you're at it.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ That too. Just don't use brake cleaner on that lol

·
mac prochamber $$$$ smh
192 Posts
Thanks! Imma do that this weekend.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No prob. Make sure if you have a tune, that you retune it. I forget why but I was reading on the forum that you should do that or you'll have the same problems

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Some MAF's might be damaged by brakleen because certain plastics just shatter or melt when it contacts the plastic. Not common, but I have sometimes used so called ''plastic safe'' contact or electrical parts cleaner on MAF's. They do sell cans of MAF cleaner. I've actually used CRC brakleen on mine without a problem. I work on a crap load of electrical components and the only plastic I've destroyed with brakleen is the older clear plastic switch housings. They would actually melt or shatter.

·
Registered
322 Posts
No prob. Make sure if you have a tune, that you retune it. I forget why but I was reading on the forum that you should do that or you'll have the same problems
what problems? because my car wont start. please check out the thread i made if you have any ideas

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The whole idling high problem on cold starts.

·
Registered
322 Posts
it does turn over

1 - 12 of 12 Posts