Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a set of Comp 127500s today and I want to make sure I'm getting all the right parts. I'm ordering from Brenspeed and Livernois

Cams
Comp Cams 127500 XFI SPR Stage 2 Camshafts Mustang GT (05-10)

Springs
COMP CAMS 4.6 3V VALVE SPRINGS SET

Retainers
Mustang GT 3V Comp Cams Steel Retainers (05-10)

Phaser Lockout
New - Livernois Motorsports - Ford 4.6L 3-Valve Cam Phaser Lockouts

Are the phaser bolts one time torque? Should I get new ones? Any parts I'm missing?

This whole set up seems to be a pretty good deal, any places cheaper?

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
I would upgrade to the 26125-24 springs. You will need new phaser bolts because they are TTY.

Reactions: eleanor08

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Why do you suggest going to the larger springs? Im am also planing on doing the same cams, and I thought the spings he put down would work just fine.. I thought the other larger springs would be better if you where FI, I am staying NA.. Just looking for your opinion, thank you.

Also, wondering why you chose the different cam phaser lock outs over the ones made by comp cams. I thought the ones by comp cams would be alittle better since they limited your cams to only 20 deg retard. Again just looking for an opinion..

Thank you!

I would upgrade to the 26125-24 springs. You will need new phaser bolts because they are TTY.

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
Why do you suggest going to the larger springs? Im am also planing on doing the same cams, and I thought the spings he put down would work just fine.. I thought the other larger springs would be better if you where FI, I am staying NA.. Just looking for your opinion, thank you.

Also, wondering why you chose the different cam phaser lock outs over the ones made by comp cams. I thought the ones by comp cams would be alittle better since they limited your cams to only 20 deg retard. Again just looking for an opinion..

Thank you!
When i was deciding on my original NA build, I was going to use the 127500's. I spoke to a few of the reputable 3V engine builders. The common answer was with the Comp 127500 cams, the 26113-24 springs are at their limits. Since the 26125-24's are only $30.00 more and the OP is locking out his phasers, it seems like a better investment. Also, if you decide you want to go with a larger cam, you will need the 26125-24's.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I chose the springs you recommended Marc. Anything else I should look into before throwing away $1000?

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Why lockouts instead of limiters?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I've heard of people having tune problems and such with limiters and not so much with lock outs. Plus I'm cheap and don't want to spend $200 on limiters lol.

Edit: I just got off the phone with Scott from Comp. He says the lockouts are safer and easier to tune because the computer can't mess with timing. The only downside is a little bit of loss on the low end, but I'm not too worried about that.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I bought em. Hooray for credit cards! Instead of paying for livernois to ship me the lockouts though, I'm gonna go pick em up. Less than 2 miles from my house :D

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
are you going to install using the wedge or are you going to remove the timing cover. if you remove the timing cover, don't forget to get another crank bolt. they're TTY as well, but i have heard of people re-using them up to two times, but that seems risky to me.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you going to install using the wedge or are you going to remove the timing cover. if you remove the timing cover, don't forget to get another crank bolt. they're TTY as well, but i have heard of people re-using them up to two times, but that seems risky to me.
My friend has some custom tool they used at Livernois or Roush, I can't remember. Hes going to be helping me with the install. Idk what his plan is, but thanks for the heads up.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
and make sure to post a damn vid when you're done!

****! and make it a good quality one so i can actually hear it. i can't wait to install mine.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Idk about how soon it will be. I've got a bunch of other things to pick up before I cam it. My buddy does a lot of work out of his garage and its not always available when I need it. I'm supposed to be meeting up with a friend of his to buy LTs, CAI, intake, 4.10s, shaker, and lots of other goodies and I want all that on first. Don't need to be adding too much power all at once.

Here is a video I found while nosing around:

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only thing you'll have up on me is the heads! Those are gonna be coming over time. I want to pick up a ****ed up 4.6 and build the piss out of it over the next year or so.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts