Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody got this? should i put it on when putting in new cams? does it make a big difference when tunning?
any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
thats a fine tuning mod probably something that should be done last,your only gonna get maybe 10hp if your lucky N/A.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can gain horse from it?
never thought that, i was just gonna get it to make it a bit easier on my tuner. everythings being street tuned after the install using the sniper system. then its going on the dyno for a serious tune.
if i dont really need this i wont bother dishing out the 300$ for it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing true, are you using stock Pi cams or something or are you going with a different cam, I'm going with the Comp 270's and I've been considering getting these.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no im going with VT stage 2s(possibly 2.5s) and having the heads worked.

im just not sure if this does anything other than make it easier to tune and so that you dont have to use that ford tool. if they doo free up some power, and are a better cam gear than stock,then ill probably get them. i just dont know if its worth it. that money could pay for a lift off 4" cowl:D:D

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would steer away from them, you will not see any real gains beyond the ability to degree the cams. You can obtain the same results with stock gear by grinding the keyway. FWIW those gears have been known to slip, there is a small flaw in the design.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol k sounds like a no go on them.
i doubt theyll go that far with the tuning. there installing the heads and street tuning it to the best at the shop, then were trailering it over to lentech to use the dyno(their 5 mins from the shop) there using sniper tuning stuff so i have no idea how deep there going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts