Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the 270 comp cams which are stage two. but which one has the more rough idle? which cam do you like better and why??

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Never had any experience the comp 270s but i have the cms(vt) stage 2s and they are really nice. Decent lope and great power gains. I would keep mine but im going with some mph kb custom ginds to go with my kb 2.2

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
How many threads can you start in one week. 270's have been discussed many times if you would search.

Dont buy a set of cams based on idle sound. if you go too big, they actually hurt performance. Ive got hp292 and like them. Ill be going withbigger blower cams soon. thinking of MHS blower cams

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry im building my motor right now and i just love to talk about cars. :) i think i want the comp cams but would they be okay to s/c?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
sorry im building my motor right now and i just love to talk about cars. :) i think i want the comp cams but would they be okay to s/c?
people have ptv with them. need to be degree'd. They work good with a centri. not the best choice for a pd or turbo

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
All cams should be degree'd. Some people get away without doing it but mine that i installed today were a whole 2 degrees off if i woulda just left them on the stock gears. I had to file the keys down a little

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
All cams should be degree'd. Some people get away without doing it but mine that i installed today were a whole 2 degrees off if i woulda just left them on the stock gears. I had to file the keys down a little
Fact is a lot of people don't. Only 2* off? not bad, mine was 6* off(bank to bank) I ran mine both degree'd and not(ptv checked) and no problems. with the 270's a couple of degree's can be very bad. some people had to actually retard them to fit,mind you they are ground +4

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well which would you guys recommened? im looking for low end torque too. and also to avoid PTV im getting notched pistons

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Its really not bad if you are mechanically inclined whatsoever. If you are putting your own egnine together id say you have the basic intelligence. Just youtube and google search. Thats what i did. And yes, a shop could do it for you but do you really wanna pay someone

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
your right haha, okay one last question im stuck between stage 2, 2.5, 3 cms cams. i cant find the rpm range for those suckers

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
your right haha, okay one last question im stuck between stage 2, 2.5, 3 cms cams. i cant find the rpm range for those suckers
Are you talking N/A cams or blower cams? RPM range differs based on application. If you have heads/intake your rpm range will be different than if you are all stock. If you want an N/A cam the stage 2 is plenty and the most popular.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if you guys could help set me up on some nice springs. i was thinging comp high load springs or trick flow 120lb spring kit. I also have trick flow heads if that makes a difference

1 - 20 of 27 Posts