Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, this is pretty boring. I just thought I would throw it up in case someone searches for stock dyno runs to compare against.

The car is the one in my sig. There are just under 25k miles on it. Note that the SAE correction is 1.04, so I am getting the same 262-265 most guys are. Temperature was 85' F (probably upper 70's outside of the shop). Elevation is about 600'. Two pulls were done, with a ~10 minute cooldown between.

High-res version of the below is here. PM me for the original.

Video of the second pull:
Stock Dyno Pull 2

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Very good reference points for those before/after guys. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Welcome to the site and thanks for the info. I am hoping to get mine on the dyno this spring. Anyone know of and shops in S Ohio, N KY?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks man! Only one way to go from there....UP:D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Good Info,and welcome to MM...I know Temps,and humidity changes the outcome of runs,but I'm just curious about the differences in Dyno's??? This is my baseline,and after CAI,and Flashtune.... View attachment 13412 Thanks....:eek:
As the title says, this is pretty boring. I just thought I would throw it up in case someone searches for stock dyno runs to compare against.

The car is the one in my sig. There are just under 25k miles on it. Note that the SAE correction is 1.04, so I am getting the same 262-265 most guys are. Temperature was 85' F (probably upper 70's outside of the shop). Elevation is about 600'. Two pulls were done, with a ~10 minute cooldown between.

High-res version of the below is here. PM me for the original.

Video of the second pull:
Stock Dyno Pull 2

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sorry wrong Graph...that was the one with the CAI that had the calibrated MAF sensor with no flash tune... View attachment 13476 Still want more info on different Dyno's.Have read in MM/FF that Mustang Dyno's are lower,and why?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great info with the dyno sheet and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How do dyno's compare? What I mean, is what would be thi difference if he had gotten his done on a Mustang dyno?

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
How do dyno's compare? What I mean, is what would be thi difference if he had gotten his done on a Mustang dyno?
Mustang dynos typically read lower than say a Dyno-Jet. A Mustang Dyno applies brakes to the drums to simulate a load on the vehicle. It is a more realistic number of the power you would have while driving down the road

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks Mike for verifying that,and refreshing my memory..I did read that in MM/FF:cool:
Mustang dynos typically read lower than say a Dyno-Jet. A Mustang Dyno applies brakes to the drums to simulate a load on the vehicle. It is a more realistic number of the power you would have while driving down the road

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
+1 if you want the more accurate hp numbers then a mustang or dynamic dyno's are for you. if you want to impress people with how much horsepower you have dynojet is what you want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts