1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
From a system tuning standpoint and for sound stage, components are alot better and easier to work with.

For the average listener, they aren't going to make too much difference. If you're just throwing new "better" speakers in, then it won't really matter.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
unless you are goin to run a good 4 channel amp on them ur wasting ur time,ur factory amps wont let u dial them in,but with a aftermarket amp yes its worth the money and will sound alot better

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
components will give you better imaging then standard coax speakers.

ive never listened to kicker speakers but if you can it would be better to go with round 6.5" if you can fit them in there

and like others said you really need to amp them if you want good performance from them

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
components will give you better imaging then standard coax speakers.

ive never listened to kicker speakers but if you can it would be better to go with round 6.5" if you can fit them in there

and like others said you really need to amp them if you want good performance from them
As a general statement (one not directed at anyone), tuning an audio system does not mean just adding an amp. Tuning is setting the crossovers, filters, levels, and delays.

Throwing an amp in w/ components still isn't going to sound great by any means.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
As a general statement (one not directed at anyone), tuning an audio system does not mean just adding an amp. Tuning is setting the crossovers, filters, levels, and delays.

Throwing an amp in w/ components still isn't going to sound great by any means.
how wouldnt it help the SQ?

it adds power, hopefully to what the speaker manufacturer recommends. you have your hp lp filters, an adjustable crossover, gain setting to blend the front stage into the sub stage.

now granted you need to pick the right parts that work together not just grab an amp and some speakers. the install also matters, everything must be set up right, speakers should be in well deadend doors, adjusted right so they face the right way, ect

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will be adding an amp eventually. I am prolly gonna get the components and just run them off factory for now. I have a good setup with my subs already, just wanting to add some more quality to the miids and highs.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I have components in mine. having the tweeters in the factory pods at the top of the door, pulled the soundstage a little out of whack, but is still an IMMENSE improvement over stock.

that said... @Z, if you are adding Comps to the factory amps, remember your amps are at 8ohms, and your new Comps will be 4ohms. not a good mix for sound quality... I am running my Boston acoustics Pro comps off a 2 channel crossfire amp I bought for maybe $125. you dont have to break the bank, but your ears will thank you.

I have this one song from the Miami Vice soundtrack "Sweeps" and on my stock setup it sounded ok. with my composites I had it sounded better, but once I put in my components.... My GOD! at about 2:20 into the song the cymbal and snare come in and the song just comes alive through the better acoustic abilities of the components.

get a good set of components, my Boston Acoustics I think cost about 480, a decent amp and prepare to be amazed.

and with a piece of MDF or what ever you can make a simple adaptor plate to fit 6.5's into your factory 5 X 7 hoes in teh doors.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will not be hooked up to a factory amp, no factory amp in my car. At first it will just be on the pioneer head unit and a better amp later on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts