Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a porter cable 7424xp buffer, and I used it with a compound last night to buff out some smudges on my Fender. I used mcgriers* and it worked really well. It took the smudge out easily!

I used the compound on my hood and it took the defects out, but I have these fade spots. My hood is faded and aged to begin with. I had no problem with the fender. My side doors and fenders are pretty shiny. I used the compound once on my hood and I had these fade spots. Re-did it a second time and it looked better. I then decided to use a McG. polish and it still made these fade spots.

Maybe I'll use the polish on my side doors tomorrow to see if I get these spots. I can't tell if its because my hood is old or my skills with the buffer?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
Meguiars...and okay. :eek:

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Need some more details...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I used a wool pad, and Meguiars Ultimate compound and polish..

The recap.
The compound worked well on my side fenders. I used the compound on my hood and it hazed. I went over it a second time and it corrected.

I applied the polish on the hood, and it hazed in individual spots. I used the compound on my hood again to correct it so now its red, but such a pain.

What polish should I use on a red mustang?

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I would recommend trying the Meguiars DA Setup...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts