Upgrade the bypass/blow off valve.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
What kind of BOV do you have?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Lol that doesnt even show a BOV, just shows the hose that the bypass/blow off re-circulates too.

Im assumign the proflow valve, I dont think you can adjust that one, I would upgrade to a better one. Like one of the ones that stal said.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
you would need to weld a new flange on the discharge pipe. but it is worth getting a better bov if the one you have does not cut it. OR you could add another bov. i ran 2 bov's and it worked just fine

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
That isnt your bov, your BOV will be on the intercooler pipe coming off right after the blower. I have no idea wtf that thing is.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
that pic is his bov, its just a bad angle. he has a procharger proflow you can see the arm in the pic with the hat and diaphram

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
That is his bypass valve, it is just puny. You can see the diaphragm on the left which hooks up to the actual valve which is run inline with his bypass hose.

OP, time to upgrade to the Pro-Flo. That thing will put an end to your compressor surge problems really quick.
</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <link href="/prochargerStyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> <link href="/SpryAssets/SpryMenuBarVertical.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> <script src="/Sp

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
That is exactly the same BOV that I have. Why do you think you have compressor surge? What do you mean by lower tolerance? Have you tested the BOV to see if it is functioning correctly?

Sometimes the diaphram in the BOV leaks. This will keep the BOV from opening properly which could cause compressor surge. There is an adjustment screw on the top of the BOV. The lock nut on mine vibrated off causing a vacuum leak and partial BOV failure. If you adjust it you want to adjust the butterfly valve in the BOV so that it opens completely.

Edit: Jonny, I checked your garage. There's nothing there. I can't really remember what you're running. Weren't you running 14 psi once? I don't remember, maybe that was someone else. It helps us give better advice if you keep your garage updated.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry i got a intercooled p1sc pushing 10psi. Im trying to find a BOV where i can just put it right where the gold one is with out welding or anything

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Oh my bad, I coulnt even make it out.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yes the Pro-flow will fit but a $15 diaphram is a lot less expensive. Did you test to see if it was bad?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Pro-flo is a direct replacement for the stock one that comes in the base kit. (I think it is a bosch valve) Either way, at 10psi, you are already pushing the capability of that stock bypass valve.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts