1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. 107810
2. predator
3. 1999 mustang GT

my HP pavillion dv6000 with windows vista cant find my tuner using the "sabrent" USB chord. It powers up fine and everything. I put in the cd for the usb cable and install the driver fine then plug the devine in and it installs the driver (once in a while) and never once have I been able to actually access the device. My tuner needs my factory tune. How do I do this? I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I've been trying for hours and am on a serious deadline. Any help?!?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Vista is your issue, are you running a 32 or 64 bit? Cause there different drivers for each system. You mat have to get a different serial to USB cable.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have vista 32 bit I have a driver for vista 32 bit so It should work. And sometimes when it seems lke everything is working and I try to used the diablo downloader to update the tool it always stops responding when I select the file and it prompts to restart the power supply to the device when i unplug the power box then plug it back in it will stop responding

·
Registered
253 Posts
Try using a different USB cord or uninstall the related drivers and try again. Also make sure to try all available usb ports on your computer.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
usb cord has nothing to do with it. vista isnt picking up the driver because vista doesnt pick up most drivers out there.

and upgrading to windows 7 IS alot of help.

have you tried going to the predator website and seeing if they have an updated driver for vista?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
use the vista download for the cable. i had trouble on my windows 7 at first not accepting it as well.

what i did:

start over (i just restored mine to earier date)
insert disc
download for you app (vista)
restart computer
download the diablo app to access devise
when i go into the diablo to access device, i used auto connect to find the handheld.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts