Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

so awhile back ago i had a camshaft sensor problem when my engine service light came on..and after replacing the sensor and putting in a new alternator everything the check service light engine is only coming on when you first turn the car on...but after you crank it and engine runs it goes away...

however my exhaust sound is a lot quieter (borla catback on it) doesn't have the same loud tone like it use to...so whats the deal here already dropped $420 getting everything replaced/labor.

2) NGK iridium spark plugs or the OEM motorcraft spark plugs coil wise i was looking at the MSD blaster coil set or do you guys just replace them as they go bad?

·
Registered
849 Posts
The check engine light is supposed to come on when you first start the engine. It is a standard test to verify that all systems are go, and every OBD II vehicle does it. Generally this light is off after 5-10 seconds at the most.

Stick with the Ford OEM plug - I don't replace coils on vehicles until the go bad, but I'm also just maintaining my car, not racing it ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The check engine light is supposed to come on when you first start the engine. It is a standard test to verify that all systems are go, and every OBD II vehicle does it. Generally this light is off after 5-10 seconds at the most.

Stick with the Ford OEM plug - I don't replace coils on vehicles until the go bad, but I'm also just maintaining my car, not racing it ;)
nope its still on after 5-10 seconds lol its only after the engine has started that it goes away

·
Registered
678 Posts
I would skip the MSD coils and use stand copper (not platinu) motorcraft plugs. Are you able to retrieve any codes form the computer?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would skip the MSD coils and use stand copper (not platinu) motorcraft plugs. Are you able to retrieve any codes form the computer?
it was p0340 camshaft position sensor replace sensor A camshaft sensor D

but like it said it was replaced along with alternator....took it out today for a spin and my exhaust sounds right again...but sooner or later it just tones down for some reason its just weird all I am saying and wondering what the problem could be

·
Registered
849 Posts
nope its still on after 5-10 seconds lol its only after the engine has started that it goes away

That's the point - the light should turn on when the key is in, and stay on for a few seconds after the engine is started.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gotcha

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So no one can explain why my one day my exhaust is loud and another is really quiet i mean it is getting warmer....

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's probably in ur ecu. I'm 90% sure mine is shot, after about 10 mins of driving my car i have a horrible low end accelaration 1000-2000 rpms.. it glugs, so i dunno. My exhaust sounds like its lugging like urs too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts