Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dunno the line for spamming this forum so, I'll tread lightly.

One of the first SCT dealers in the nation, co-authored SCT's Dealer's Tuning Manual, The Pro Racer Manual and a few other tuning guides with more to come... soon. Plus I trained new SCT Tuning dealers on-site for many years. I have done lots of tuning, but prefer to keep under the radar these days. I won't mention anything specific about us because I am not an advertiser here (or really anywhere).

My background in the automotive field is, I have been racing and tuning, starting with carb vehicles back in the 60's. Then was an EPA scientist for 30 years all the while still messing with cars. Obviously, I'm an old fart!

I have an '06 GT, with nothing but a CAI and a dynotune, that I love, runs 13.4's and gets 29MPG. I also have a '94 Gen 1 Lightning turbo, makes about 6ish to the tire.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I figured by your response that you had a background in tuning. No one will say anything about your response, you answered a question and you weren't trying to get customers. Damn I'd love to pick your brain. Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I didn't know that.... What's different from the 01 - 04? Both EEC-V right? I know there are differences between auto to manual computers but the programming and all other drivers are the same..... so I thought.
the biggest diffrence is in the IAT/MAF.

they are obviously diffrent on the older vs. newer cars (ie. early cars have seperate IAT/MAF, newer cars they are both integrated into the MAF)

while it seems like it should just plug in & be good, they use diffrent scales.

the IAC valves are also diffrent & use diffrent scales as well.

not a big deal, but not plug & play.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I knew they were in different locations and would require a little moving/wiring work but I didn't know the scaling was different. Good to know, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I knew they were in different locations and would require a little moving/wiring work but I didn't know the scaling was different. Good to know, thanks for the info.
no problem bro.

I found that out when I wanted to simplify my air intake by using the intigrated MAF & the car ran like poo.

apparently the scaling is so diffrent, it cant be e-mail tuned for either, you actually need the car on the rollers to fix it.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
So the difference can be programmed out by a qualified tuner then... that's some more good info.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
So the difference can be programmed out by a qualified tuner then... that's some more good info.
apparently a very simple fix on a dyno, in my case though, it wasn't important enough to justify the cost, I just went back to the seperate units for now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am going to see if ford will just reflash my computer for the manual trans if they won't can I buy a SCT programer and have them wright me a tune?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I am going to see if ford will just reflash my computer for the manual trans if they won't can I buy a SCT programer and have them wright me a tune?
yes you can get an e-mail tune to shut the auto functions off if you buy an sct.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok thanks for the info. Is that something ford will do or will they tell me no because it's not stock and they can't garentee the work?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. Is that something ford will do or will they tell me no because it's not stock and they can't garentee the work?
all ford is going to want to do is reflash the computer back to the stock processer code on it (if you can even get them to do that) not customize the computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 04 GT with auto and I am converting it to a 5speed I just bought a 01 GT for the conversion parts will the computer work in my car or do I need a newer computer.
Hey to be honest i have an 02 gt its was auto and I recently did a conversion i threw in a tr3650 im still running the auto pcm and its working perfectly fine

21 - 35 of 35 Posts