Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2000 convertable....Every time it rains I always seem to get rain in the vinal swatch of cloth between the back seat and the trunk. I know I need a new top or seal or something ( any advice ) But I don't understand how I'm getting condensation under the trunk lid. When I open the trunk and look up underneath I always have condensation, enough to need a few paper towles to dry it up. I need to get this corrected so as not to damage my audio system.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
162 Posts
yep, and check your weather stripping too. im not sure how it runs on a convertable though. if that doesnt work, then dont drive with the top down in the rain lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just moisture for the most part but one time I had a tropical rain forest in there. I did check the weather stripping but it looks good to me ...no cracks, chips...cuts...... I don't get it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Check for leaks around the rear window. Get a friend and go to a do-it-yourself car wash, get him to spray at the back window from different angles while you sit in the back seat and look for leaks. Make sure he doesn't hold the washer too close to the window tho or it will could damage the seal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The self serve car wash sounds like a good idea. I do need a new roof and when I baught it it did have some silicone caulking at the bottom corners of the window where the wondow and the conv.top meet.

thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
go to a upholstery place and tell him the bottom of your window needs a little stitching

i have a vert too and most of the time on the bottom of the rear glass on the corners check there (where the top overlaps the top)

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
you can directly attach them or use an external hosting source... I use photobucket, some use tiny pics and some use imagehost... if your really serious about photography, you can look into Flickr but they are kinda over kill if you just want a picture or two of your car online

1 - 10 of 10 Posts