Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know im newer to detailing world, and my car is less then stellar or even good in the paint department so no real need to detail it like crazy. the detailing item are more to do on the side for fun (& maybe money) and start preserving my gf's car.

now on to kiki (not my gf). she is a rat bike, so please understand she will not be pretty but i really have no issue playing with products on her. btw kiki is a 1995 Kawasaki ninja ex250. has a full muzzy exhaust, and other internal mods. she is spray painted black has been dropped one by previous owner, and once by me. has paint and plastic damage from heat and a leaky gas tank, along with being my daily driver. yes ironically motorcycles are my first love and the mustang is my toy.

okay so the whole reason behind this thread. i plan to keep testing different products on kiki any way that i can that is not too far from their intended purpose so you should see updates every now and then.

To start:

tried CG G6 trim dressing on my mirrors they are bottom of the barrel cannot get much worse and i was very very surprised at how well it did being the mirrors are massively soaked with uv rays and dried out.

IMAG0759 by Alex Seavey, on Flickr

and you can see i got some of the G6 on the pain and it seemd to help a good bit. that was just me trying to get it off.

IMAG0757 by Alex Seavey, on Flickr

and since i couldnt get my hands on anything to detail i really wanted to mess around with Xxx, blacklight and v07

so i did a comparison. i got blacklight on the left side to start with and nothing on the left. then layered xxx on both sides.

left-BlackLight & XXX right-XXX

Nov07 by Alex Seavey, on Flickr

then i went ahead and applied v07 to both side, not too much of a difference i could see. but i have no clear coat this is right on top of some black spray paint.

shade

V07nosun by Alex Seavey, on Flickr

in the sun (took off the tape some residue under tape remained)

IMAG0769 by Alex Seavey, on Flickr

sun ( i wiped up the residue ) you can see a difference in the paint for sure.

IMAG0771 by Alex Seavey, on Flickr

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
nice writeup, you'll see better results with a good quality paint job as opposed to spray paint jobs (no offense or anything) but thats still a good improvement :yes I just always find my spray jobs to never have the depth and clarity you'd achieve with a good quality gun etc

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not expecting anything out of it tbh. I really wanted to feel the product more or less. I was super happy with the G6 tho.

sent from ponyville

1 - 4 of 4 Posts