Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should I do this? I need to take the positive battery terminal to a piece of 2 gauge wire (battery relocation). What is the easiest and safest way to do this?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i just ran my cable from the batter to the starter, then ran the original cable from the starter(were it originally is) to the post on the junction box that was right behind the battery. I cut the battery terminal off the original cable, along with the two wires that went to the junction box and put a ring terminal on it.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
The easiest way to connect 2 gauge wire is solder it together. Cut back about 1/2" of insulation on each wire, partially birdcage the wire end on each wire (this is basically spreading out the individual wires a little bit so there's space in between the small wires), then mesh the two wires together so all the little wires are entwined. Then place a soldering iron on one side of the wire and let it heat up, apply solder to the opposite side and let it flow through the wires.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just ran my cable from the batter to the starter, then ran the original cable from the starter(were it originally is) to the post on the junction box that was right behind the battery. I cut the battery terminal off the original cable, along with the two wires that went to the junction box and put a ring terminal on it.
Can I do the opposite and run the positive terminal to the junction box and then run the starter onto the junction box?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
u can, i did it this way so i didnt need a longer pos cable plus the original factory cable is already ran there. i kept it in the wire loom and just pulled out the neg cable that ran with it. looks clean, i can post a pic when i get home tonight if you like?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be great F8L!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
battery cable connected to starter

here you can see how I ran the original cable to the junction box

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The easiest way to connect 2 gauge wire is solder it together. Cut back about 1/2" of insulation on each wire, partially birdcage the wire end on each wire (this is basically spreading out the individual wires a little bit so there's space in between the small wires), then mesh the two wires together so all the little wires are entwined. Then place a soldering iron on one side of the wire and let it heat up, apply solder to the opposite side and let it flow through the wires.
+1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.