Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to get in contact with people who have experience on new edge v6 mustangs. Recently, I changed the coil pack, sparkplug and wires on my mustang. Before a couple of cylinders would occasionally misfire but after doing all the work, I tried starting it and is now constantly backfiring. I can smell a very bad smell that reminds me of raw phosphorus and noticed large amounts of some liquid coming out of the back exhaust. If you know what's potentially wrong, please tell me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well phosphorus would (to me) sound like your battery might have a problem, why that would have liquid out your tail pipes I don’t know but that smell reminds me of my battery when it was shitting the bed and had an acid problem.

also as for the coil packs very common mistake is on the coil packs one of the 4,5,6 wires are swapped on the pack and most people think it’s a straight line up when in fact the coil pack for some reason swaps the order so check that too. Also that smell migh be a very smallin but possibly issues with your cats

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I had to guess , if you still have cats, it could be an issue with your cats. Also, if your two O2 sensors on the engine are fouled , your car will also run like **** due to imbalanced air/fuel ratio. Unless your problem has already been solved with it being two months since you asked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts