Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you had to buy one before the other, which is more important, LCA's or UCA?
LCA's tend to be cheaper and are a do-it-yourself install.

UCA's are moderately more difficult.

Out of convenience, I did the UCA first and it stopped the hopping.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Get both if you can, but If you have to choose one or the other I would go with LCA's hands down- get some relocation brackets with them. UMI sells them in a kit, LCAs and relo. brackets for around $200 I think. Makes a world of difference and a pretty easy install

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
lowers for sure, non adjustable and greaseable.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
lowers for sure, non adjustable and greaseable.
I think that all depends on what your doing with the car.

OP, why are you doing control arms and what are you trying to accomplish? Are you lowered? What are your mods?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

OP, why are you doing control arms and what are you trying to accomplish? Are you lowered? What are your mods?
true, but the only way i would figure you would do an upper first is to adjust pinion angle

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts

if he was planning to lift it or slam it then i could see the UCA being a more pertinent mod, but 9 times out of 10, people are looking performance. the stock LCAs flex bad, and unfortunately, flexing LCAs hurt performance more so than a shitty UCA.

i'd say the LCAs are a no-brainer. the only reason people even buy an aftermarket upper is to correct pinion angle.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Out of convenience, I did the UCA first and it stopped the hopping.
How so out of convince? Installing LCAs is much easier than installing the UCA. Much easier..

if he was planning to lift it or slam it then i could see the UCA being a more pertinent mod, but 9 times out of 10, people are looking performance. the stock LCAs flex bad, and unfortunately, flexing LCAs hurt performance more so than a shitty UCA.

i'd say the LCAs are a no-brainer. the only reason people even buy an aftermarket upper is to correct pinion angle.
I agree. Although I will add that the UCA does make the car feel a little "tighter" during hard launches considering it's got a lot stronger bushing than the OEM bushings.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
If you had to buy one before the other, which is more important, LCA's or UCA?
I generally recommend LCA's first, for a few different reasons.

The main reason, they are the most effective way to rid wheel hop, and help with traction.

Both the UCA and LCA's in factory form, are less than stellar, by design. Upgrading either will yield better performance. In our testing, the Lower Control arms have proven to be more effective.

Also, as mentioned....the Lower Control Arms are indeed an easier, and quicker modification to perform.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

Andthat is why I asked. If he has a one piece ds and is lowered the I was gonna tell him do the upper first. I agree that lowers are easier and I did the first but now im looking to tackle the upper

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
my LCA and relo brackets will be here today. they've been sitting in the UPS warehouse an hour from my house since friday night. damn UPS.

thanks for your help last week BMR!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the delay was working all day and no chance to check the thread. Why im looking into this is because my car wheel hops really bad and has spin on launch. So im basicly trying to eliminate the wheel hop issue the most.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
thanks for your help last week BMR!!
Always my pleasure :cool:

Sorry for the delay was working all day and no chance to check the thread. Why im looking into this is because my car wheel hops really bad and has spin on launch. So im basicly trying to eliminate the wheel hop issue the most.
If you want to eliminate wheel hop, get yourself a quality set of lower control arms.

Check out these bad boys

:eek:

2005 - 2012 SHELBY MUSTANG BILLET LOWER CONTROL ARMS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts