Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the BKK Rear Upper and Lower Control Arm Kit for my Shelby GT. This is to be able to put down the power better. Just wanted to check whether this is recommended? I still have time to cancel the order.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I would recommend them, midigates wheel hop.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
A non-adjustable UCA isn't going to be of much help when it comes time to put on the 1 pc driveshaft, that a lot of folks seem to go to, on as you will need at least some way to adjust pinion angle. I would also be highly suspect of any poly bushing that isn't claimed to at least be multipiece on a car that sees daily driving activity and is driven harder than your grandma drives. The one piece poly bushings really take a pounding during body roll and wear out at a higher rate, especially if they are stiff poly bushings. BMR makes a set that I trust, so does Steeda and so does Whiteline. All of those companies provide a product that will last a lot longer and provide better performance. :)

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I got whitelines im putting in soon and whiskey say u had non adj, could u do a relocation to fix pinion angle

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I got whitelines im putting in soon and whiskey say u had non adj, could u do a relocation to fix pinion angle
Do you mean with relocation brackets? If so, no. I don't know of any quality manufacturer that doesn't account for the arc the LCA moves in when adjusting it. Take for instance the BMR one, if you lower the LCA one bolt hole it wont change the pinion angle because the holes on the bracket are drilled in the arc that that the LCA would move in.

Whiteline's UCA is a little different because they have offset the bolt in the bushing on the chassis side similar to the way a camber bolt works (without reducing the diameter of the bolt though) to allow for pinion angle adjustment.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hardware store. Mine is set to -3 with my lcas in the middle hole of my relocation brackets.
it honestly shouldn't matter where your LCAs are in relocation brackets or even if they are in relo brackets

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
When I swapped the holes it made a big difference. I was talking with a guy very proficient in suspension and he told me they had too severe of an angle.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
LCA will def kill wheel hop and reduce spin, I would gave you my feedback about those but I am running on Non-adj LCA poly endings from BMR with relocation brackets, I have my pinion angle adjusted at -2.2 (usually people do it between -2.2 and -3).

Placing the LCA in the holes of the relocation brackets depends on few factors like; how lowered is your car, and if you need it for drag or road course.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
When I swapped the holes it made a big difference. I was talking with a guy very proficient in suspension and he told me they had too severe of an angle.
What kind of angle are you running your LCA's at? When I put my stock springs in I left the arms in the lowest hole (BMR brackets) so they are at a pretty extreme angle. I'm not worried about daily driving, more so about launching at the track. But I'm wondering if too much angle is going to hurt me in some way.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
What kind of angle are you running your LCA's at? When I put my stock springs in I left the arms in the lowest hole (BMR brackets) so they are at a pretty extreme angle. I'm not worried about daily driving, more so about launching at the track. But I'm wondering if too much angle is going to hurt me in some way.
I was in the bottom hole with the UMI brackets. When I would launch, I would get wheelhop, so I kept playing with my adjustable upper. I had it set to -2.5 and the LCAs in the lowest hole, and moved the UCA to -3 and the LCAs to the middle hole to level them out a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts