Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to do a cam install soon but won't have the money for a while but i would like to do some control arm installs i want the fully adjustable, what do you guys suggest best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
374 Posts
check out maximum motor sports, i used there j&m uppers i got my lowers at steeda tho and lovem. with subframs connectors and springs your mustang will be able to take the curves pretty well and launch really agressive if you can get the right set up, adjustable struts are a nice thing to if you got the money.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the bbk subframe connectors, i thought about the ford racing drag springs too but i dunno. i will check the j&m's out!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lakewood also makes a set of 70/30 shocks for our cars anybody runnin those? i am going to remove the sway bar for better weight transfer, it will be a straight line car anyway no handling needed i am afraid of the 90/10 shocks though, my uncle had those on his 67 fairlane and it rode like ****!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
+1 on maximum motorsports
ive hurd nothin but the best from them.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If you are going to drag race your car, and you're looking at the Maximum Motorsports LCAs, MAKE SURE TO GET THE EXTREME DUTY LCAs!!!

The "heavy duty" ones will NOT hold up to drag launches.

I know because I broke two of their LCA bushings dragracing the car.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
OP.. are your goals 1/4 mile ONLY or do you want good arms for DD and twisty use?

Jazzer :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I am with others here and go MM solid poly/poly or look into Baseline Suspension stuff. Either way, go with hardcore strong stuff so you don't need to replace them again or have failed bushings.

Jazzer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts