Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a V6 Mustang....I am torn between the Convertible and the Coupe....

I want the Convertible, but I am scared that if I get it, in the summer, it would be really hot since there is no hard insulation, the AC would be useless...

Please bear in mind that I live in Dubai, where the tempreature in the Summer is between 45 - 48 degrees celsius...

Can anyone confirm if this would be an issue for me? If it is, then I would opt for the coupe :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
I live in Florida and I've owned 3 Mustang GT convertibles since 1999. The heat isn't really a problem and the AC actually does help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does the heat dissipate through the fabric ?

How is it insulated?

And how reliable is it on the long run?

Please share your honest opinions guys...

bare in mind that temperatures in Dubai in the Summer are around 118.4 F

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've lived in abu dhabi....a rag top sounds like the worst idea EVER during the summer.....

like EVER! haha youd run to car to escape the 100percent humidity to only find out it's even worse in the car! LOL coupe looks better too imo

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 2011 Vert top has an inside insulating/sound deadening about an inch thick layer. It does a very good job on both accounts. The air cond unit cools pretty quickly on start up, and does not seem to have much trouble keeping up. Now keep in mind I'm only talking hot humid of about 90-95 degrees F. in the summer where I'm at. For you, I'd consider recomending the lighter color top(can't think of it's name) rather than the black top I have. You'll have more trouble keeping the girls cool than you will keeping the car cool. Buy the Vert ! best regards Plum

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The 2011 Vert top has an inside insulating/sound deadening about an inch thick layer. It does a very good job on both accounts. The air cond unit cools pretty quickly on start up, and does not seem to have much trouble keeping up. Now keep in mind I'm only talking hot humid of about 90-95 degrees F. in the summer where I'm at. For you, I'd consider recomending the lighter color top(can't think of it's name) rather than the black top I have. You'll have more trouble keeping the girls cool than you will keeping the car cool. Buy the Vert ! best regards Plum
idk, if you understand the weather in the UAE....it really unimaginable till you first experience yourself.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
it hit 153f in Ramadi Iraq
i wasn't saying EVERYONE didn't know how it felt! i just know that vert. won't be able to take a middle east summer!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've lived in abu dhabi....a rag top sounds like the worst idea EVER during the summer.....

like EVER! haha youd run to car to escape the 100percent humidity to only find out it's even worse in the car! LOL coupe looks better too imo

Someone else told me that also but I just asked here to confirm

Thank you for saving me from buying a disaster (only in the Dubai Summer)

I wanted a convertible badly but 2 things:

1) I was worried about the heat dissipation since the humidity / heat here is abnormal

2) I'd have to pay like $7,000 USD more for the convertible.

I'm gonna go for the Coupe full options manual transmission with the HID Package, V6 Performance Package, 19" Argent Painted Machined Aluminum Wheels

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think you made a GREAT choice! got to buy some of the goodies ford has to offer!

Your going to have a sweet looking stang once it arrives! HID looks amazing imo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts