Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shutting passenger side door, with window up, on my 99 GT convertible the window hits top. I have to make sure window is rolled down about 1/2 inch in order for door to shut without window hitting top. Is there any way to adjust top?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dude never again with a convertible.

Seriously. I had leaks, window out of alignment. I couldn't even tell you where to start because you have to end up opening the friggin door panel which is a huge project.

2003 GT convertivle. I never let it see rain because of all this crap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to work as ASE certified technician at GM dealership and Chrysler. Never had to do any work on convertible top on any make of vehicle. Could take door panel off but don't think adjustment needs to be made on window. Just wondering if there is a way to adjust top towards drivers side about 1/4 inch or so.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I have the same problem on my driver's side. You can adjust the latch, but I know on mine, I can't adjust it far enough to make a difference. I also have a leaking back window, which sucks because apparently I need to replace the whole window to do anything about that. On top of all that, the passenger side strut rattles around while driving. I loved the convertible top when I got the car, but in 7k miles it's gone from awesome to rattle trap and it's really frustrating me. If you figure out how to fix the window at least, let me know.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I used to work as ASE certified technician at GM dealership and Chrysler. Never had to do any work on convertible top on any make of vehicle. Could take door panel off but don't think adjustment needs to be made on window. Just wondering if there is a way to adjust top towards drivers side about 1/4 inch or so.
I know its an old thread, but just so future people know...

You need to the the panel off and play with the window stops along the inside top of the door. These can be adjusted to set how high the window can actually go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts