Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a trip to modular power house 3 weeks ago to get my car tuned and what not which God knows picked the car up, but on the way back noticed driving 65-70 mph after 3 dyno pulls on a full tank i made it 320 miles on just an ass hair over 3 1/4th's tank thats a 3.73 geared supercharged car sitn on about 2k rpms the whole ride a steady foot and not raising hell can get these cars pretty far!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
You can get some great gas mileage in these cars. I drive to Tampa and Naples from Atlanta on a regular basis. At 80-85mph the whole way I can get up to 26mpg.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can get some great gas mileage in these cars. I drive to Tampa and Naples from Atlanta on a regular basis. At 80-85mph the whole way I can get up to 26mpg.
the trip is downhill, coming back to alt will net a little less, I made the trip to tampa from b'ham and my gas down was *IMO fantastic* 27.7 and back up to b'ham it was 26. anyways for a v8 that's great milage!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
What gear ratio your running M.P.?
Stock 3.27 :(

Those are on the DOHC motor in the heavier vert, with the top down the whole way though. Not bad IMO.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well, I have an 02 GT auto. Name some mods it will take to get around 25mpg.

Its stock and gets roughly 20-21 on the highway doing 80 going to school. I want what you guys are getting. :D

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
I haven't tested the MPG in my cobra yet....but i get about 14 in my sixxer :lmao:lmao

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Well, I have an 02 GT auto. Name some mods it will take to get around 25mpg.

Its stock and gets roughly 20-21 on the highway doing 80 going to school. I want what you guys are getting. :D
Get a 5 speed! lol

I haven't tested the MPG in my cobra yet....but i get about 14 in my sixxer :lmao:lmao
WTF? Are you serious?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
swap wouldnt be worth the cost and I dont have the time to let the car sit to do it myself. Its my only car, my DD, and I'd like to get the most out of it. With that being said, what kind of mods can really increase my MPG rating?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Anything that increases efficiency increases mileage. Better intake, better exhaust. Coast as much as possible and only acclerate in a way that keeps your rpm's low. Otherwise, your kind of out of luck unless you change to a Manual or get a super econo tune.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Blitz34 get a high flow fuel filter, lucas fuel system cleaner, TB cleaner, MAF cleaner, use full synthetic oil every time, and make sure your tires are always at the proper pressure, change the diff fluid to full synthetic, and a set of good spark plugs these are small things to do but that wont cost much and will increase the mpg by a couple a mpgs then you can start on your upgrades like MAF, Intake, Plenum, TB, exhust, etc.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
tornado fuel saver lulz

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
my cammed/blown car doesnt do that good! actually the gas goes rather quickly. I dont know miles exactly, just seems FAST!

·
Registered
42 Posts
when i had the stang I would always average about 21-22 mpg. I drove what i consider like a normal person most of the time. Slow shifting, at about 2500 tops and cruising at 2250 or under as much as possible. But everyonce in a while I'd get on her, just not all the time. But i've always gotten good mileage in all my standard cars, I'm sure my driving style helped.

I could also get as much as 26-27mpg on the highway at about 70-75 mph the key is to keep the rpm's near 2 grand and accelerate normally.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts