MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all these off our photo site:

USS Carl Vinson in dry dock

Vinson Sea Trials

USS Enterprise getting some help into a dry dock

USS Geaorge H.W. Bush

USS Gerald R. Ford (what i'm part of designing)

1050 ton crane lifting part of a base unit

sorry, i know the pics are huge

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no problem. i guess i think its cool because most people would never get to see this type of thing. we can't have any type of camera here AT ALL (including camera phones). we get fired if we do. i pulled those pics from here Media Resources

our intranent site has ALOT more photos than that that i wish would be on the media site. even though they dont show anymore than those i'm gonna leave em be. i'm sure someone else would find them pretty interesting. the background on my work pc is a CG pic of a F35 landing on the Ford... its pretty ****ing sweet

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Ugh I wish I could go out on a carrier for a day on the flight deck and watch planes take off and land :(

Nice pics; thanks for sharing em' :yes

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Ugh I wish I could go out on a carrier for a day on the flight deck and watch planes take off and land :(

Nice pics; thanks for sharing em' :yes
if you know someone they can take you on a Tiger cruise.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Me too Bubba. Wanna split the price?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I remember the dry docks. I kind of miss being on a boat and being out to see. It is rather peaceful at night in the middle of the atlantic with nothing but the stars out, now waves, and just nothingness.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
when carriers, boats are returning from a deployment or just going out to see for a day or so the crew is allowed to bring a family or friend on board to see the action. I went on one when my father was in and then I took my wife and brother in law on a couple.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Well I don't know anybody who's on a carrier at the moment. I know people who work on the fighters, heli's and everything; but they work in hangars on base. :(

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.