Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this out by accident. A girl I work with has a '07 Mustang. She removed her aftermarket alarm and was without a key fob, so I gave her my extra one. I programmed it for her, too.

Well today at work, I was parked way on the other side of the parking lot, but when she went to unlock her door, it worked for both our cars since my car still has the second Fob's code? She texted me about it, so I didn't see it myself, but it makes sense.

Anyway... I'm used to carrying two Ford Fobs -- one for my Expedition, and one for my Mustang. I suppose now I can just program one Fob to both cars.

Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
as long as they both use the same fobs you can. but there were a few different ones but it's worth a try atleast. my dad and i both have 2000 mustangs and i program'd both my fobs and his to work on both cars. pretty sweet.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i have a 99 vert and a 00 gt.... i programed both on the same fob ... its funny because when i lock my cars up in the driveway they both honk at the same time

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
on the 94-98 i think we can just turn the key like 8 times or whatever and hold the lock button on the fob and its supposed to work. I never tried it but a buddy said thats how it worked for him. I would love to have two cars working on the same one. Well, pop the trunk and one gets soaked outside when the other is warm inside lol

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
It's definitely possible if the remote is compatible with both vehicles. I did it on my G35 and my mom's FX35

Here are the programming instructions for Ford:

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
^^^ very nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts