Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, when i traded my supercharger for the HP twin turbo kit, i traded the coolant crossover with the kit, without removing my sensors. he gave me his crossover from his 01 cobra, but it has no bungs for any type of sensor. theres 2 plugs that need to go into the crossover. Are they both coolant temp sensors? is one a coolant temp sensor and another a fan relay of some sort? i cant get it tuned without it. please help!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
you got a picture of what they are? there isnt 2 temp sensors on the crossover so im going to say that one is for the temp sensor and another could be for something else possibly the cam position sensor as they are both on the same harness I believe

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i dont have a pic til monday when the shop is open. i looked at some engine pics online, and apparently the stock crossover doesn't have bungs with sensors in it, but the one with my supercharger kit had 2 sensors in it. im real confused.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres a pic of a stock cobra crossover,and then the one with the vortech kit. you can see 2 sensors screwed into the crossover.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
on the first one the coolant sensor is underneath the right hand side going into the block. the camera angle just didnt catch it. then there is a coolant fill plug up top. on the one with the vortech the one on the left hand side is the coolant temp and then the one up top on the right is the coolant fill plug.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres another angle. theres another sensor there under the plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts