Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a wierd leak coming from my oil cooler its leaking right under the filter and cant see it coming from anywhere higher up. It only drips once in awhile but cant seem to find the source. Anyone had one crack? When I researched it I found some people have issue when switching to the aluminum block (mine is a teksid) and using the 03 gasket, but mine seems to be lower than the adapter.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ITs the seal between the two halfs. ONce is starts leaking, you are pretty much F-d. no one makes a seal for it.

Save yourself the hassle and get a regular GT one.
Thats what I thought at first, I matched the o-ring with one about the same size at ace the first time and it leaked, then I got mad and just silicolned the damn thing with the o-ring still on it and didnt change still dripping at the same rate. Thought maybe there was a fine crack somewhere in the oil cooler but wasnt about to start looking for one of them yet.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran it for awhile today and not a drop so :dunno hopefully it stays that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue on my 98 GT the oil cooler has a tiny coolant drip ive tried replacing all the gaskets, but it still drips.. do I replace the oil cooler or try different gaskets n o rings.. im in a pinch haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts