Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coolant leak in one of the heater hose near the firewall, the one towards the passenger side(thicker one). The hose clamps that connect the rubber hose to the engine/metal tube is not accessible at all. I got a flexible plier like below :

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Cla...ocphy=9002007&hvtargid=pla-644018367086&psc=1
I was able to barely compress the clamps, but then it popped and rotated more towards the firewall, making it even more inaccessible. If I remove the other hose (thinner and closer to the drivers side), I might be able to reach the first hose clamps. But the second hose clamps are inaccessible with a plier as well.

One of the you tube videos shows success with the flexible pliers on the first host. Another one has the presenter suggesting to break the clamps with a screw driver. I have also read about removing the upper intake, which would make both hoses accessible.

Would appreciate any tips or suggestions

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
From what little I know about the squeeze on squeeze off hose clamps, were used 'only to speed up production' on the factory assembly line. I have replaced all of my factory squeeze clamps with the normal screw on hose clamps bought from my local auto parts store. On a couple of my squeeze on-off clamps I had to use thin long nose vise grip pliers to remove them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts