Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to help out a friend of mine that lives out of state. He has a coolant leaking that seems to be getting worse since he installed a new set of heads. He is telling me that it is coming from the passanger side. The heater core is not hooked up so I'm pretty sure it's not coming from there. This is on his 88 GT.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
god we went over this in another thread, if you dont know where its coming from when your looking at it then were prob not gonna be able to find it. get some dye and a blacklight and go find the leak

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can you get the dye at. He said when he got home from work today it was leaking pretty badly and running out from under the car.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well if it started doing that after he put heads on the car then its probably a head gasket, or the intake gaskets, but probably head gasket.

you can get the dye at any parts store

·
Registered
13 Posts
check the little hose that goes from the throttle body to the back of the intake theres one on the front of the throttle body to...sometimes they dryrot if not replaced and believe me it's not the easiest hose to get off at the back of the intake lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts