Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought my thermostat gasket was leaking but after i checked it, all seems fine there. Is it possible for coolant to leak from the front part of the lower intake gasket? right near the thermostat? I get a small collection of coolant right in front of the distributer. Seems like it is coming from the lower intake gasket. So, is that possible?

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Bad head gasket, Bad lower intake gasket, bad water pump gasket, bad T-stat gasket. Hard to tell from the internet. But yeah lower intake is possible and probable.

My coolant just disappears lol. I'm guessing because my reserve is broken and the hose is not even connected, so it just runs out on the road I guess. There are no bubbles in the radiator to indicate a bad head gasket also no creamy oil, but I am about to get some gt-40 heads anyway.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I have the same problem right now.. It turned out that one of the lower manifold bolts was loose for whatever reason so I went to torque it down and bam it snapped. I was so pissed because I was using a torque wrench and wasn't close to the required torque yet when it let go. I've left it like that for about three weeks now and the car runs just as good as it did prior but a little bit of coolant tends to puddle up where your describing so like stated above it's hard to tell for your situation but yes a lower intake gasket can cause that.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I had the same problem in snapping a bolt but I snapped a bolt on my waterpump because water got in the threads and seized the bolt up like a weld

1 - 4 of 4 Posts