Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've been noticing a puddle of coolant underneath my car everywhere I go. Just happened recently. Its leaking right under the heater core hoses in the back of the block. The #4 cylinder is collecting water and I don't know exactly where it's coming from. The hoses are dry with no leading cause yet. I haven't gone under my car as of yet but just trying to trouble shoot before I do. The intake is a oem replacement from about 20k ago. So new gaskets were installed. Any help would be amazing! Thanks! And I must say it's external I hope, No coolant out the tailpipes, No overheating, and No misses

·
WOT Junkie
1,163 Posts
Which replacement intake is it? Have you replaced the heater hoses?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes all the hoses are brand new, And the intake is a Dorman with aluminum crossover.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If its the Dorman i wouldn't trust it, Get a FRPP pi replacement off of summit racing. They are like 189 bucks and then do the coolant tube swap its a good bang for the buck mod for the NPI cars. My stock intake cracked and i had similar issues. If you look with a flashlight underneath the intake through that gap next to the water pump and see coolant. Its most likely the intake being cracked.

·
WOT Junkie
1,163 Posts
Yeah, Dorman intake manifolds, in my experience, are the biggest pieces of crap anyone can install on their motor. Definitely get a Ford PI intake manifold and do the swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts