Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a coolant leak it puddles up behind the water pump between two bolts on the drivers side of the car. I want to do a reverse water pump anyway to run a different belt. any ideas on what pump for reverse rotation of the pump and what is the bar that i see on some peoples cars that connect the alternator to the pump to bypass the idler?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
so i have a coolant leak it puddles up behind the water pump between two bolts on the drivers side of the car. I want to do a reverse water pump anyway to run a different belt. any ideas on what pump for reverse rotation of the pump and what is the bar that i see on some peoples cars that connect the alternator to the pump to bypass the idler?
Your assuming the leak is from the water pump, the intake gasket will cause puddling there as well.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
It's a march adjustable alternator bracket and it allows you to run different size belts and ditch the factory alt brack.

March 1465 Alternator Bracket Kit Mustang 5.0L 86-93:eBay Motors (item 140343658161 end time Nov-01-09 17:01:01 PST)

and I agree with nolife's response. I would think if it's puddling up behind the pump on top just under the thermostat housing then it's the lower intake gasket or thermostat gasket.

also if you have a 86-93 fox then your car's already setup for reverse rotation.. not sure about 85 and below pretty sure there standard rotation

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ordered the new bracket so can i ditch the alternator bracket now and i can adjust the alternator so it tightens the belt ive removed p/s smog and ac. i want to run the belt over the water pump instead of under so im fine doing that with the stock water pump?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
ok ordered the new bracket so can i ditch the alternator bracket now and i can adjust the alternator so it tightens the belt ive removed p/s smog and ac. i want to run the belt over the water pump instead of under so im fine doing that with the stock water pump?
yeah with that you can ditch the factory bracket but you can't run the belt over the water pump pully if your reverse rotation already. You'll have to pickup a standard rotation water pump from a Lincoln with the 5.0L option

here's how mine is setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts