Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car currently has the gold coolant in it. Can I put the green prestone coolant in w/out a problem or do I have to stick with the Ford gold coolant

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just put in the cheapest concentrate that napa had and filled it with 50% water 50% coolant. FYI, fully drained the coolant system take over 2 gallons. Roughly 3 gallons for me.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
go to Napa...I think I used Zerex...but they have a compatability chart on the counter and they will tighten a brother up with the correct stuff. Throw in some water-wetter (redline) while you are at it...most now say 1/2 bottle into rad and 1/2 into your intercooler for your blower.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I used the green prestone a while ago, it said you could use it in any system. +1 on the water wetter its great stuff 1/2 and 1/2.:yes

·
Registered
232 Posts
My car currently has the gold coolant in it. Can I put the green prestone coolant in w/out a problem or do I have to stick with the Ford gold coolant
Hey USA its Ray from s197forum. Dimora is right about Napa taking care of you. Even Napa told me to use what Ford calls for. They wouldnt even sell me coolant until i had them more info to match what they had in stock. Is that great service or what. I dont think any other auto store would have done that. I just went to the dealer and bought the gold coolant. it was $12 a gallon, good for 100k miles. I threw a full bottle of water wetter in each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts