Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive noticed that every once in a while a little smoke will show up into my cab, i thought it was from a oil leek getting onto the pipes but today after i went out i dropped down the dash and could see that it was coming more from the fire wall, so i stuck my hand back there to feel around and pulled out some fluid, after lookin at it, it looks like anti freeze, so wtf?

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok so ive noticed that every once in a while a little smoke will show up into my cab, i thought it was from a oil leek getting onto the pipes but today after i went out i dropped down the dash and could see that it was coming more from the fire wall, so i stuck my hand back there to feel around and pulled out some fluid, after lookin at it, it looks like anti freeze, so wtf?

heater core is about all thats there to leak into interior

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of fluid is in there? maybe thats what im getting, it is in that area, and do i have to buy a whole core?

·
Registered
569 Posts
heater core is 20$ putting it in is the worst part and it is ur core most likely, coolant goes throught it...

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok so ill have to get one, y is it hard to put in?

it isnt really hard work but it takes forever, i had about 4 hours in mine. just a heads up to id get new hoses old ones usually are f'ed

·
Registered
569 Posts
two hoses and a heater core can get it all at an auto parts store.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if u take your seats out and pull your intrument cluster and center console then start taking the bolts off that hold the frame to the body and the top of the dash to the body pull a few screws and wiggle the dash to find where it is still stuck at then pull asome more screws and wiggle again exc.... u can get to the heater core if u can peel the top of the dash back about a foot... it will be tight but it will save some time..

·
Registered
698 Posts
if u take your seats out and pull your intrument cluster and center console then start taking the bolts off that hold the frame to the body and the top of the dash to the body pull a few screws and wiggle the dash to find where it is still stuck at then pull asome more screws and wiggle again exc.... u can get to the heater core if u can peel the top of the dash back about a foot... it will be tight but it will save some time..
^+1. Time is money. I was short on the first one and ended up giving the Ford dealer $350.00 to do the last one in my '87 GT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts