Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere with no luck. Whats happening is that coolant is wanting to come out from around the cap, not a lot just a little after you beat on it. Well the other day I topped it off when the car was cold drove it started smelling antifreeze so I look and it have overflowed car the cars temp was never over half way on the gauge. I'm stumped I have let it run with the cap off and it still does it. It had never done this till I flushed the system. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
343 Posts
well it sounds like the thermostat is locked up. but the temp should be going up.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Its leakin from around the radiator cap? maybe you ripped the seal when you took it off to refill it? My temp rides right in the middle of the gauge too so I dont think your gettin hot...check that seal and get back to us

·
Registered
343 Posts
hes talking about the seal on the cap. the thermostat is at the end of the upper radiator hose where it connects to your manifold

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would replace the thermostat and replace the cap(since its over 8 years old)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

T-Stat $2-$3, new cap $7 at AutoZone.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I replaced the thermostat already issue persisted... and I know where the thermostat is I was asking if that is on the feed to the engine or if thats the return to the radiator. I guess I'll try a new cap

·
Registered
343 Posts
you dont "bleed" a coolant system. you drain it and fill it up. maybe you over filled your system

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you dont "bleed" a coolant system. you drain it and fill it up. maybe you over filled your system
you blip the cooling system of air, same ****. It easy to do on machs, your guys' cars i dunno how to do it

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The top hose is the return (from the engine to the radiator).

You could have a blown head gasket, depending on where it lets go there may or may not be oil getting into the coolant, but there will be a pressure buildup that can over pressurise the coolant system...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts