Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here, I've had my Mustang for about 6 months now, and its always liked to ran a little hot. Not overheating or anything, and the needle likes to stay about halfway, but if I ever floor it or get on it, the needle steadily rises between the M and A on the gauge, or about 1/4 before overheating. This has never really been a problem for me, because I rarely drove it hard for a long period of time, and as soon as I drive it normally without flooring it or hot-rodding it, it goes right back to normal. However, I'm interested in putting aftermarket parts and making it go faster[PI swap probably], and this seems like it would be a major issue to me in the long run. I think it might be the radiator, but I honestly have no idea. I have checked hoses and everything and there are no coolant leaks, and its not guzzling down coolant or anything like that. Any ideas? Thanks much in advance :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
i have a 97 gt and it runs right above the middle. 60% flush ur radiator and engine. cheap and easy

·
Registered
525 Posts
mine does the same thing thats the only problem i have with mine id much rather have an actual temp gauge than a NORMAL.

And +1 on the radiator flush it cant hurt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts