Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a trick flo upper and lower intake kit on my car and in the process i replaced the thermostat and ever since i replaced it its been over heating but when i start the car up wen its dead cold and leave the radiator cap off there is no sign of bubbling or anything which leads me to believe the water pump is toast but not sure if it has something to do with the thermostat or water pump

·
Registered
39 Posts
you probably need to bleed the air thats trap inside.wait till the car cools,then fill the rad till about 1 inch from the neck.leave cap off start car and wait till thermostat opens.then after about 10 to 15 minutes check that both rad. hoses are same temp.top off coolant in rad. and closed. top off resevoir.then you be ok. good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
i agree with destroyer some times they are a pain in the butt.also becareful coolant or the stem will give nasty burn

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i dont know if these cars have them but my camaro had a bleeder, for when u changed out the thermostat or hoses, its dark out so i cant go and look on mine so, if there is just leave the engine runing and loosen it up and let some of the coolent come out, if not just do the radiator idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts