Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there are write ups all over the place to convert from ignition coils to cops, but can it be done the other way around? Is there a real advantage of cops to ignition coils?

I just picked up a 99 f150 with the 5.4 in it, and having done a tune up on the same body style expedition, I know getting those cops out is a bitch and a half. So I'm really not looking forward to ever doing that again.

So is it as simple as doing the reverse of the writeups for the cop conversion?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm not sure if its the reverse of the pack to cop conversion but I know switching to a pack will lower your performance because of the resistence that will be gained in the wires that your gonna have to use.

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if its the reverse of the pack to cop conversion but I know switching to a pack will lower your performance because of the resistence that will be gained in the wires that your gonna have to use.
You know, I hear that a lot, but people who convert from coil packs to cops say they feel absolutely no difference. It's worth not stripping screws out of the intake every time I change sparkplugs imo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts