Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running these seats? If so can you post pics installed in a new edge. A guy about 45 min from me is selling a pair of black cloth ones, he says they are roughly a year old and in great shape except "for some water spots". Are they easily fixed? He's asking 500$ for the pair with no sliders. I thought it was a little steep, online the seats sell for 600$ a pair new.

·
Registered
371 Posts
tell him 400 or you won't even drive out there to look at them ... you're not even getting the sliders with them

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
The sliders are a couple hundred alone, so I agree about the $400.

And when you said water spots in quotes you mean nut spots, right?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
The sliders are a couple hundred alone, so I agree about the $400.

And when you said water spots in quotes you mean nut spots, right?
Your gonna need slides and brackets! They were two different pieces on my Sparco's. The sliders should be seat specific so they would work but brackets are about $125 a piece as well. How do you get water spots on cloth? that sounds odd to me.

Id say $400 with the sliders. Def worth the money though!! I cant wait to get some racing seats for my stang!

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Honestly, Racing seats are over rated for a daily driver. See the thread in the 05 sections about them. They are quite uncomfortable as you get tossed into the high sides often and its not exactly pleasant. Not to mention the seat backs are pretty uncomfortable as well. I would advise agianst them for daily driver applications.

·
8,720 Posts
Honestly, Racing seats are over rated for a daily driver. See the thread in the 05 sections about them. They are quite uncomfortable as you get tossed into the high sides often and its not exactly pleasant. Not to mention the seat backs are pretty uncomfortable as well. I would advise agianst them for daily driver applications.
Could you link that thread? I had Sparco Speed seats in my old VW and they were fantastic! Super comfortable and extremely supportive. Only compliant I had was the high sides in the hip section. Made it a real PITA to get in and out. Quality racing seats, bottoms and backs and a suspension design opposed to the spring supported factory seats. The design is superior, its gives the bottom of the seat unlimited give, where a factory seat only gives as much as the spring allow.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he claims water spots, he sent me some pics, ill post them hold on

and the reason im looking into the seats is bc they are not a full out race seat, they are reclineable, with good support and padding. and not hot in the summer or cold in the winter like leather, also i wont have to worry about sliding around in the leather seats, the stock ones are fine on the highway but imo they suck in the turns.

·
8,720 Posts
Isay get a damp cloth and dry and wipe that "water spot" off. Water alone wont leave residue like that but it theres somethin else in it it could happen, but should clean up eay. Seats look good other wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts