Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my hands on some "new" Corbeau clubman seats and I'm not sure if I'm happy with them for a few reasons. The first thing is that they lean back ridiculously to the point that you only feel like you're sitting up normally when you are going down a steep hill. Also they seems to have poor construction and material. The material moves around so it shows foam around all of the black plastic trim where the harness is supposed to go. Is this normal? Also where are the seat belt buckles supposed to go? It came with tracks from a fox mustang which I was told will work with 99-04 also. They mounted in place but I'm wondering why Corbeau has different tracks for 99-04 mustangs if the earlier years work? What is the difference between them and does it change the angle of the seat?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
The fox brackets will not work without modification. Our seat brackets are set at an incline, so you'll either need the correct brackets or put spacers on the rear mounts of the fox brackets. There's also a corner of the bracket you'll need to trim down to not have that front hump in the floorboard in the way. It's not normal for the foam to show, sounds like they had a manufacturing defect on that set of seats. I personally think the Clubman seats are badass, though they might get a bit uncomfortable during everyday driving lol

On 99-04 brackets, the buckles just bolt in to the little L-bracket on the side of the seat bracket.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the 99-04 brackets will make the seats sit up more? Even with the seats all the way forward I can't come even close to getting in the back seats. It doesn't seem like a seat defect.. it just seems like the cloth isn't staying in place. Should you be able to pull the foam away from the plastic trim pieces? Should it be glued? Does anyone have a pic of the 99-04 brackets so I can compare?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
The seats should definitely be sturdy and you shouldn't be able to move the material around unless it's heavily worn.

I'm not sure about what they said on the GMC forums, I've helped install a set of those exact seats on Corbeau fox brackets and they required heavy modification.

I have a set of Corbeau 99-04 brackets in my car and I can say for a fact that they're different. The 99-04 bracket floor mounting points have a shallow mount on the front so that once the bracket is mounted, the sliders are parallel with the floor and the seats are at the correct angle.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take show pics tomorrow of the foam. The guy said they were new and it's bugging me every time I get in or out I see foam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts